The theme for Dementia Days 2015 in Copenhagen, Denmark is “A dementia friendly society.” The conference takes place May 11-12 in Copenhagen and is largely targeted towards the Danish professional sector.
Dementia Days is an annual multidisciplinary conference on dementia, where more than 900 professionals from across the country meet over two days. Dementia Days appeals to both professionals and managers who work with the diagnosis, treatment, social work, and care of people with dementia. The conference is an opportunity for further training for employees and managers in health and social care. Relatives and volunteers in associations may also benefit from taking part in the conference.
The conference will begin this year with a joint symposium where participants will be inspired by Britain and the Netherlands, who are working in different ways to make society more dementia friendly. You can further choose from a number of parallel symposia:
- Technological options
- The digital society – a dementia friendly society?
- Memory impairment but not dementia
- When behavior challenges
- Alzheimer’s disease – the latest news
- Physical activity in the home
- Visual experiences and misconceptions
- Sleep and dementia
- Remember the relatives
- Free lectures with news from the development and research projects